This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing PureSpectrum team in the Principal Engineer role. The Principal Engineer is responsible for Engineering decisions with implications impacting code, deployment, QA, infrastructure, and uptime. They are also responsible for managing and mentoring Developers and contributing to and improving software systems and the development process. This is a strategically important, yet hands-on position, working collaboratively within the technology team (comprised of product and engineering), to help accelerate the growth of PureSpectrum.
- Manages a team of developers, providing feedback and training where necessary, conducting performance reviews, assisting with recruitment and dealing with any issues within the team.
- Lead and mentor developers assigned to the products/projects ensuring performance, maintainability, and functional requirements from design to rollout and support.
- Work with engineering staff, collaborating on hardware and system monitoring requirements to insure expected performance and reliability of the system developed.
- Assists in developing and ensures adherence to standards and procedures for software engineering staff.
- Proactively communicate and work to mitigate changes to project timelines, degradation in performance of applications, and concerns with project and/or product direction.
- Active participation in sprints to add velocity and ensure timely delivery against commitments.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) from an accredited University/College
- Strong experience and knowledge in backend development using Node.js, databases (MongoDB), REST/GraphQL APIs, Redis, etc.
- Experience in front end development using React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Knowledge of modern software engineering best practices including test driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch, etc.
- Strong experience and knowledge in Commercial cloud (AWS ecosystem including EC2, ECS, Load Balancers, Lambda Functions, etc.)
- Experience as a Full-Stack engineer on a high-performance, real-time application
- Experience managing developers as a Technical Lead
- Experienced with microservices architecture, and an understanding of serverless technology
- Previously worked with distributed engineering teams, and able to coordinate handing off work between teams
Director – Product Management
As the Director of Product Management your overall responsibility should be at the intersection of business, technology, and the customer. You should be obsessed with optimizing our products, achieving business goals, and maximizing return on investment. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. The role requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.You must also be able to communicate with all functional areas within the company. You will work with engineering to define product release requirements. You will work to help define the go-to-market strategy, help understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer(s). You will also serve as the internal and external technical subject matter expert for our product offerings, partnering with sales to support key customers and prospects.
This role is the voice of the customer inside the business and must be passionate about the user experience. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must enjoy spending time “in the market” to understand customer/prospect challenges and opportunities, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. This is a strategically important, yet hands-on customer-facing position, working with many different types of clients, levels in organizations, and varying roles and levels of technical expertise to successfully implement and grow usage of PureSpectrum.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going conversations with customers, non-customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Participate in developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and help develop the sales tools that support the selling process of the products. This will include but is not limited to managing customer trials.
- Technical Support – serve as a technical product expert internally and externally providing support to customers to ensure optimal satisfaction
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in a product management role, preferably with Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) applications
- Online market research industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Jira and Agile SCRUM development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with various departments, levels of management and levels of technical expertise
- Able to interface with customer and prospective customers as a technical subject matter expert
- Ability to break up larger projects into individual pieces, assess complexity of each piece, and distribute the work amongst team members.
- Project Management skills with the ability to keep projects on track and/or communicate issues.
- Strong oral, written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
- A self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills and desire to continue to learn
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Experience working in startup environment with a demonstrated positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Client Success Associates
- Assist sales team with product presentations and serve in a Pre-Sales Engineering role to help close deals
- Set up accounts, train, and onboard new customers
- Serve as the day to day contact for customers/accounts, conducting regular calls/meetings to understand our customers’ overall experience and satisfaction with PureSpectrum
- Learn and understand issues and data challenges of customers’ organizations and industry.
- Provide feedback to sales and product management on opportunities for new sales or product ideas.
- Prepare client facing documentation including product presentations, FAQs for online Help and product user guides.
- Develop a high-level of product expertise and become a subject matter expert
- Respond to and resolve customer questions and issues, documenting all customer interactions in CRM systems.
Business Development Associates
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
- Obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning/organizing daily work schedule to call on prospective customers
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Identify product improvements/new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Meet and/or exceed quota on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Resolve customer issues by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Build a sales pipeline of at least 5X annual quota
- Become an expert in the PureSpectrum products and services offering
- Collaborate with the entire PureSpectrum team as needed to close sales and earn business